Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

7 Days of Thanks || Day 7


Phew! 7 days of thanks. Some days I really had to think about it...isn't that sad? We have so much to be thankful for...so many. I'm thankful for those who inspire me. I'm thankful for words that inspire me.
The joy of God is experienced as I love, trust and obey God-no matter the circumstances and as I allow him to do in thought and through me whatever he wishes, thanking him that in every pain there is pleasure, in every suffering there is satisfaction, in every aching there is comfort, and in every sense of loss there is the surety of the saviours presence, and in every tear there is the glistening eye of God.
 The above quote came from a friend of mine. I'm not sure who wrote the quote but I'm assuming it came from a devotional. ?? My friend's daughter has been suffering with a lot of health problems for years. Pain. Lots and lots of pain. Digestive issues. The list probably goes on. But, if you just looked at her smiling face, you'd never suspect the pain she is in. Surgery number 8 (I believe) is coming up after the first of the year. Her daughter is overseas in missions at the moment. They were hopeful she'd be able to stay in missions for about a year, but her body had other plans. So the plan at the moment is surgery here then going back to finish her mission work. I'm thankful for her faith. I'm thankful I can lift her up in prayer.

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
 Isn't that just one of the greatest Bible verses of all time? Be still [chill out dude!] and know [believe like you've never, ever believed before...know in your head and your heart] that I am God [I'm here for you babe! I've suffered, died, love, forgive and just want to hold you! Let go of everything and just let Me guide and walk with you, cry with you and just Be.] The [ ] are my take of that verse.

The verse is also a song w/many verses. When my mom was in the hospital and later died, the verse of the song "I am the Lord that healeth thee." I knew the healing was either going to be here on earth or in Heaven. She is in Heaven, restored. But want a comfort that song was on constant repeat in my head.

I've been a little overwhelmed with something lately. Something I really don't have control over and just wonder how in the world it's going to happen. Today I rediscovered 'Be still and know that I am God'. So, I'm gonna 'chill out dude' and let God orchestrate this God-size hurdle. With Him 'here for me', I'm sure we can clear that hurdle and keep running!

Share in the comments who inspires you and/or what words inspire you.

If you are in the USA, happy Thanksgiving on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment