Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

7 Days of Thanks || Day 5


Friends. I'm so thankful for friends.

I know it may sound cliche' but I don't care.

Friends encourage, stand by, comfort, cheer, laugh with, and understand.

Friends get it when you call them crying. They get it when you aren't feeling well. They accept you with all of your "stuff" and still love you anyway.

Friends come in all shapes, sizes and ages. Some older, some younger and some....just a kid at heart!

Friends can come and go in a season or be life-long. So life-long that she starts to introduce you as a sister. I love that sister-friend! And, all my other sister-friends!

While you are thinking of it, go call your friends and let them know how thankful you are that they are in your life. I hosted an in-home party for my niece recently. My niece started the party by asking that everyone say something encouraging about me. What?! At first I was a little apprehensive. But as more and more shared, I got a little weepy. It was such a neat experience to hear what people thought was encouraging about me. Me! The one who feels like she is so needy in friendships. I still think about what was said.

And, to all my friends...I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment