Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

7 Days of Thanks || Day 3


Eyes to see. Ears to hear. Taste buds for tasting.

I am particularly fond of the senses. What would life be like with out them?

My grandma lost her sense of smell which in turn somehow affected her sense of taste. Bummer! Last night I made supper...insert applause here... Our two oldest children were not home from work by the time the rest of us had eaten and cleaned up. Our oldest came home first. The first thing she said was, "Boy that smells good!" Our middle child came home about half an hour later. The first thing out of her mouth after she inhaled deeply, "Wow, that smells really good. What is it?"

When I see a sunset, I really feel sad for those who have lost their eye sight. When I hear a baby laughing, which is the most wonderful sound in the world in my humble opinion, I am thankful I can hear the sound that makes me smile.

I've read when one sense disappears, other senses are heightened. It would be difficult to loose one of the precious senses. But, isn't it amazing how another sense is kicked into high gear to make up for the loss?

I am thankful for my senses; smell, taste, sight, hearing and touch. Thank you, God, for that special gift that gives us such joy. You have made the body into a wonderful masterpiece...thanks!

Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him.
Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment