Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

7 Days of Thanks || Day 6

Appliances. Yep, I'm thankful for appliance.

I know this sounds petty and materialistic, but hey, I'm thankful for the modern conveniences!

You know that line, "You don't know what you have until it is gone"? Well, up until last Friday, I took my clothes dryer for granted. I'm sure my dryer felt like I do some days...work, work, work and not one ounce of appreciation. I'm sorry, dryer. I promise to give you a little pat or maybe even hug your door every now and then after the parts come and hubs fixes you.

Until those parts are delivered to my doorstep, I'm washing here at home and then taking the wet, heavy, wet, and did I say heavy, laundry over to my dad's to use his dryer. Now that I think about it, I may even kiss the dryer!!

And, this isn't the first appliance to decide enough was enough and stop working. Oh, no. We've have our share of "fun" times around here. The stories I could tell.

Whenever I hear people say they'd love to live in the times of the wagon trains heading west, I just want to slap them silly. Yes, I realize I'm sounding materialistic. But, can you imagine all the work we'd need to do? Okay, now I'm sounding lazy. Think about it though. No washer and dryer. Just one long day at the wash board scrubbing and scrubbing. Want to cook up something quick because you've been at the wash board all day? Good luck with that....the stove isn't hot enough yet because you forgot to put in an extra log! And, what about a hair dryer?! Come on girls!

Well, the wash is done and now I need to lug the heavy, wet, heavy load to my dad's. Seriously thankful for my dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment