Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Trying to Sing

I. Need. An. Attitude. Adjustment. Wow, the last few days have been terrible. Things have happened. Thrown. Under. Bus. type of things. I'll be okay--just give me a few days to a week with bouts of crying and pouting. But right now, I have a serious case of PPMS!! Poor Pitiful Me Sydrome

I "happened" (like God ever lets things just happen!!) upon another blog I visit and guess what it was about today...The Gift of the Funk. Yup, that is me! Click on the title of the blog and read it if you are feeling like I am today. We have this unrealistic expectation just because we are Christian, we need to pour forth joy all the time. Not. So. Sometimes it is okay to not be okay and still be a Christian. Just my two cents...I have to be real y'all.

A person commented on The Gift of Funk post and talked of the book Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. I have the book. Note to self: re-read it!

Found this video which goes along perfectly with Thursday and today's post. I'm singing even when I'm in the funk. I have to. I choose to.

No comments:

Post a Comment