Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Musical Monday



Since Christmas songs are sung/heard only a short time each year, I tend to forget some of my favorite songs. Last night we went to a Christmas concert to enjoy a group the girls were both in when they were younger. I so enjoyed hearing their young voices (5th-9th grade).

Keep in mind, I'm forgetting some songs, but here are just a few of my favorites:

  • Still, Still, Still -- so peaceful
  • Silent Night -- an oldy but goody; I especially enjoy Lori Line's piano version we received free on a box of Chex!
  • O Come, O Come Emmanuel---with a strong chorus of Rejoice! Rejoice!
  • God With Us -- pure love
  • Carol of the Bells--but not sung too fast people!
  • Here with Us by Joy Williams
  • The Charlie Brown one that Schroeder "plays" on that little tiny piano and everyone dances while Charlie Brown is off looking for a tree
  • And probably many more if I could just remember them!! :)
What about you? What are some of your favorites?

3 comments:

  1. O Holy Night is like my favorite. I think Lee Greenwood (country artist) did a really pretty version of it. :) I also wanted to let you know I left an award for you on my blog. :)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard a new song this year that I absolutely love. It's not new, but it's new to me. It's called Glorious Impossible. Very moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, that is a great one that, I of course, forgot about until you mentioned it.

    Shannon, I just listened to it on youtube and haven't heard of it before. Great words!

    ReplyDelete