Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Awakening

Do  you ever wake up from a good nights sleep and find a song floating through your mind?
For me, it's songs of worship. Some, myself included, often wonder how we know if we are hearing from God or if it is us hearing what we want to hear. But, when I awaken to quiet with only a song's melody and beautiful words, I know I've heard from God. I know.

The song this morning is Holy (Wedding Day) by The City Harmonic (featuring JJ Heller). Enjoy the video with lyrics below.




This is the story of the Son of God
 Hanging on the cross for me
 But it ends with a bride and groom
 And a wedding by a glassy sea
 O death where is your sting
 Cause I'll be there singing
 Holy Holy Holy
 Is the Lord
 
This is the story of a bride in white
 Waiting on her wedding day
 Anticipation welling up inside
 While the groom is crowned as king
 O death where is your sting
 Cause we'll be there singing
 Holy Holy Holy is the Lord

Holy Holy Holy Holy Holy Holy
 Is the Lord Almighty
 Holy Holy Holy Holy Holy Holy
 Is the Lord Almighty
 Who was and is and is to come
 Who was and is and is to come

This is the story of the Son of God
 Hanging on the cross for me
 And it ends with a bride and groom
 And a wedding by a glassy sea

This is the story of the a bride in white
 Singing on her wedding day
 Of the God who was and is to stand before a bride who sings
 Holy Holy Holy Holy Holy Holy is the Lord Almighty

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. Can you believe I've never heard that song? And the video? That was just amazing. Seriously, just amazing. I'm so glad you shared it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. I follow JJ Heller on fb and she had this video posted. The song (w/o her singing along) is a few years old and I, too, had never heard it. Now I'm in love with this song. I'm hoping it comes out again with her voice in it as of now it is the band without her harmonizing.

      Delete