Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Can it be?

Can it really be November 18? Really? And, can my last post be dated October 31? Can it?
Sadly, it is true. Time flies as we get old are busy.

What have I been doing the last few weeks? I'll say what I told my son as I was starring at the calendar as he happened by. "There's way too much written on this calendar!" To which he agreed.

How does that happen? I always think of a sermon years and years ago from a beloved pastor. We need margin. We need white space. We need to be able to say yes to the Lord and not have busyness hamper what God is really calling us to do.

[names have been blurred]
As I look at the calendar squares [yes, I have a real paper calendar on my fridge...non-electronic], I realize most of my busyness involves other people. Lunch or coffee with friends. Those times are filled with laughter but also filled with prayer requests and just crying on each another's shoulder. Doctor appointments fill other squares on my calendar. Not appointments for me, but appointments for loved ones.

As I look at my calendar and wonder where the time has gone, I wonder the reasons those squares are inked in. The white space is filled with names and times. A few margins filled with notes. And, I discover I really am saying yes to God because He has allowed me to minister to those in need. Can busyness be from God? In these situations, I have to believe He is saying 'yes'.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take some time to hang out with my family and rest. Have a wonderful Sunday.

And, if I don't post again until after Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving and have a wonderful day! And, in the busyness of that day, don't forget to thank God for the blessings--no matter how big or small.

No comments:

Post a Comment