Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Life+Snow=Contemplation?


White flakes gracefully land making everything crystal white. Everything sparkles with 3-4 inches of fresh, clean, powdery snow.

Writer Daughter said it best in her facebook status: ...“thinks the snow is beautiful, Lord! Like a glitter shaker dumped from heaven...”

But I can only see the cold. How awful it will be to drive in this mess. Someone will need to shovel. And will my hubby be able to get out of the drive in the morning to work much needed overtime.

God gives us beauty. I, a mere human, complain and worry. I get annoyed when I hear others complain about the weather. I think, Just enjoy the weather we have, people. The cold/hot weather will be here before you know it. And yet I stand, staring out my kitchen window complaining in my head. Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture?

I told a friend recently when I called her to complain about something that didn't go my way, “I should have given up complaining for Lent!” And although I was joking with my friend, maybe I should have been serious.

Life doesn’t work out the way we always want it. (I could list a lot of examples…but I’m trying to cut back on complaining!) Some situations demand one to be pro-active. While others, like the weather, warrant one to just be—just enjoy—just breathe. And most importantly, God is there in all times of life...in the great times, good times and awful times.

Who knew snow could make me contemplate life?

Philippians 4

 11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.



19And my God will meet all your needs according to
his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.



20To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

23The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I like to say that 99% of life is about perspective. Either we look at a situation and choose to see God's hand or we don't. Life is all about choices. :)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete