Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Do You (I) Love God?

Do You Love God was the title of the devotion I read this morning. A dear friend of mine gave me the book Keeping God In The Small Stuff by Bruce & Stan for my birthday. It has some very thought provoking days...like today.

This devotion reminded me of the book of Job in the Bible. Almost the entire devotion was questions. Kind of like when God ripped into Job asking him questions in response to Job's question.

I'm going to paraphrase this since I'm not sure if I'll violate some sort of copyright law if I write out the entire devotion. Basically, it is this:

Do you love God? Or is it just something you grew up doing/knowing? (tradition or something your parents did) Is every part of you devoted and in love with God? Is God above all things in your life? Is it love in only words or is there action that proves or shows love to Him? Are you in love with just parts of Him that you really like...like forgiveness & love? Or are you in love with just His holiness? Or are you in love with the idea of loving a being bigger than yourself?

Those questions are things I need to ponder.

And you must love the Lord your God
with all your heart, all your soul
all your mind and all your strength.
Mark 12:30

No comments:

Post a Comment