Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Adventure is Out There

 Saturday morning we left home with five in a vehicle. Sunday, we came home with four.

Sunday was the big day for Dancer Daughter. The time in her life where she hugged us goodbye. She was/is so excited. She could hardly wait to get to the YWAM base which will be her home for a season of life. When asked if she was nervous, she replied a confident, "No". There were no long goodbyes. Hugs from all and a kiss from this momma and out the door we went for the long trip home without her. She was ready to start this new season. I could tell she felt 'home'.

I won't lie. I've been crying off and on for a few weeks now. I cried a bit on the way home. But, I was crying for me because I'll miss her tons. She's in a great place. God has lead her all her life and she has been amazing in her obedience.

When we travel, we usually have something major happen. One time it was something with our vehicle. Other times (yes, plural), something would happen with my dad and we'd have to cut the trip short. This time, we had a boy get car sick. This isn't new to us. It just hasn't happened in a long time. However, being the awesome mom I am (*cough*cough), I did have some Dramamine and a bucket along...just in case. We stopped for an hour or so and then got back on the road. Not too terrible. After another hour or less he was feeling himself and ready to navigate again. He is a navigating-machine, I must say. Even when we missed an exit, he expertly steered us back to where we needed with very little back tracking. Who knew?!

So, today is laundry day and a mental health day. Both hubs and I took the day off of work. I felt like the kind people at my work would not like to see my ugly cry...again. I miss that girl something awful She was a constant in our house for almost 19 years. (minus a few weeks here and there on trips with the youth group) Saying "see ya" just doesn't seem right. It is a necessary transition and I accept that...it is just painfully hard. Each day will get better. God's got her and He's got me as well.

We'll "see" each other through Skype dates and will take through texts and phone calls. I haven't lost her for good. I think of all the parents who have children pass away due to illness or accidents. I am extremely fortunate.

We'll physically see her around Christmas. Have I told you how much I look forward to Christmas this year?! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment