Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Healing Words

Imagine. You're at the end of your rope. It seems as though what could go wrong, did. Retreating into your comfort zone, you want to stay indoors, lock the house, and be safe.

The world, unfortunately isn't a 'safe' place. Things happen. Accidents & near misses, kids shooting other kids, health issues-both small and huge, divorce and separation, feeling judged and insecure, death. The list could go on and on and on....

Depressing? Yes. Hopeless? No. When I'm feeling at the end of my rope and wonder what else could go wrong, I try to imagine the verse below. Zephaniah 3:17. God delights in me. Sort of puts a spring in my step. God gently quieting me with His love. What does this look like? To me, He puts a song in my heart and mind. Usually it is the old song Be Still and Know [that I am God] and its many verses. That also reminds me of the latter part of the verse, "He will rejoice over you with singing".

The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over
you with singing. ~Zephaniah 3:17

This next verse I memorized as a kid. I had fear. Insecurities and fear. Still do, unfortunately. But, fortunately, God is patient. Very patient. I've learned to chant, "The Lord is with me, the Lord is with me....."

For I am the LORD your God, who takes hold of your right hand, and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. -Isaiah 41:13

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. ~Romans 15:13

I'm striving toward. Joy, peace and trust. If we are honest with ourselves, do we trust 100% of the time? I can say I trust, but then worry and doubt creep in and I know I have trust issues. Hope. Oh, hope. There is just a certain power in that word. Makes me smile.

His Words are my guide. His Words are my comfort and strength in times of distress. Help me, Lord, to remember to look to Your Words more than running to the phone to call a friend. Fill me with Your joy and peace.

What are some of the verses in which you cling?

No comments:

Post a Comment