Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Follow up...

This is a follow up to the last post entitled, "Oh the things we learn".

I learned one cannot exchange coconut flour for all purpose flour with the same ratio.

What.a.disaster. A perfectly good waste of ingredients, natural gas (oven) and time. Sigh.

Anyone out there want to help this girl out? I still have some coconut flour left (which is healthy therefore my purchase) and want to know how to convert a few recipes.

I will say I googled chocolate chip cookies coconut flour and found recipes. But some used a few weird ingredients, and, to be honest, the pictures looked gross. So, I just thought self, just take a traditional recipe, use the same amount of coconut flour as the recipe calls for all purpose flour and you'll be good to go. Just add more eggs. (I knew to add more eggs when working with coconut flour but apparently that isn't enough info)

Self, you were wrong. Oh.so.wrong.

If anyone knows anything that could help out this girl, please comment. I'm begging. I'm pleading. I'm on my knees. ☺ And, what is one thing you've learned today?

2 comments:

  1. Well, you already know that I don't have any cooking advice! ;)

    But I did learn one thing today. I learned that you have a blog! Awesome!

    I'm so glad I've gotten to know you and your family a little bit over the last few years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bonita. Hmmm, no cooking advice from you...hmmmm. :) Obviously all those cooking shows I watched growing up didn't touch on coconut flour!!

    Maybe one day we will actually meeet in person. Until that day, I'll keep enjoying getting to know you better through the web as well.

    ReplyDelete