Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

♪Feelings, Nothing More than Feelings♫

I do realize by the title I am showing my age. And you can thank me later when you cannot get that song out of you head...just like I can't at the moment!! ☺

I've been thinking a lot (gasp!) about how we treat one another. Let me tell you, I've been showing an enormous amount of the uglies lately. At home, at work, at Wal-Mart (but can you really blame me on that one?! ☺) , at....well you get the picture. And, by the way, what ever happened to customer service?!

But God wants me to love. Remember that little ditty in the Bible? "And the greatest of these is love." (1 Cor 13) Okay, Okay, I get it. Love. But some people are just so hard to love is the arrogant thought which runs through my stubborn head. It could very well be the un-customer service person is just having a rotten day. Or maybe one too many people yelled at him/her for something that had nothing to do with him/her. Yet, I feel entitled to feel grumpy toward him/her just because I didn't get a friendly hello or he/she didn't take me to the isle to help me find something. Wow, bad case of the uglies! And no showing of grace. Sigh. Sometimes those feelings just really get in the way of how God wants us to treat one another.

Don't get me wrong. God gave us feelings for a reason. However, when those feelings of entitlement for myself come along, I'm sure those feelings are not the love God talks about.

I've been slowly reading a book called "Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl" by Lysa Terkeurst. I'll wait here while you run out to buy it!! It. Is. Good. In one of her chapters, it talks about the uglies we have. It was a very timely read for me. I won't spoil it for you but it has something to do with praise and thankfulness.

Sure we will all have bad days. Awful days. That is where change, grace and forgiveness come into play.

I'm trying. I'm really trying to love people at work, at home, at Wal-Mart, at..... Wanna join me in looking at everyone with love? It won't be easy, but if we can accomplish it, what a better world it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment