Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Good-bye, See ya, Later...Alligator

Saying good-byes are hard. Especially for those of us who hate to cry yet it is something we can't control. And, if you are an ugly crier like me...well, I feel for ya. I really do.

Tomorrow morning we'll say "see ya" to Dancer Daughter. Yes, she has flown the coop before but this time it is farther away and longer time spans between hugs. As I've been telling friends when they ask, "I'm sad for me but happy for her." I really am excited for her. Really. Not just mere words.

This Dancer of mine is in step with God. Their dances are beautiful. He leads in His magnificent ways as she follows Him step by step. Has it been easy to discern His steps for her in life? No. Not at all. There are questions but faith is never lost. As a My Utmost For His Highest devotion said,
To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, not knowing what tomorrow may bring. ...it should be an expression of breathless expectation... As soon as we abandon ourselves to God and do the task He has placed closest to us, He begins to fill our lives with surprises. Leave everything to Him and it will be gloriously and graciously uncertain how He will come in - but you can be certain that he will come. 
When our children are babies we just can't imagine a day when they'll be independent and on their own...away from us. The day does come, sooner than later...to our disbelief. But, God prepares us...He doesn't take the emotion away from it (which is a good thing).

He has prepared her. She is so ready for tomorrow to start a new chapter in her life. A chapter He is writing for her. I can't wait to read it!

Love you, my Dancer-girl. I will miss you...terribly. But, I am so proud of you and happy for you. Now, be careful. Watch out for idiots and don't be one (my famous line when they are walking out the door and getting in a car). Text me! Call me! Skype me! And, have fun. Encourage the young people you'll encounter in their walk. And, be you...the you God made you. Let others "in" to see the beautiful, funny you. God puts people in your path for short times, for longer periods of times, and sometimes forever. Be in the moment and enjoy every moment with those who God puts in front of you. And, "no matter where you are I will keep you in my heart..." (video below)


No comments:

Post a Comment