Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Personality

Have you ever taken a personality test? I know this controversial since many say taking a test like Briggs Myers is not necessary an accurate test especially when used for employment purposes. However, I found it to be interesting and pretty accurate, although not 100%.

A certain family member, who shall remain nameless, thought it would be good for our family to take the test individually. Everyone's test result seem pretty spot on, although a few thing didn't line up. Like most of these types of tests, I found myself saying, "Well it depends on the situation" for a few questions.

Which leads me to this question that I've asked a few friends over the years. Is your personality something you were born with or are there factors (experiences in life) that make you...well, you? Or is it a little of both? I'm not a psychologist, I just play one on TV...joke....but I just really wonder if I would have taken the test when I was a teen would I test the same today. Just pondering....unless you're a psychologist then I'd really love an answer.

I did find with our family  taking the test that it does explain some things in our family dynamic. Which I believe understanding is important when living under one roof. Again, I'm not saying it is 100% accurate if you take the test. I'm saying it is interesting and quite startling how accurate it seems to be. ☺

Have you taken a personality test? Was it pretty accurate for you? What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I've taken the test, made hubby take the test....it explained a lot! And knowing is half the battle! ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ GI JOE!!! ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ I'm spot on stereotypically what my personality says I am, my husband leans to one but it's not completely accurate of him as a person, but it gave me insight on why he does some things that just seem so crazy. I've even guessed at my daughter's by trying to answer for my 8 year old and she seems to be my EXACT opposite, but that's helped me figure out what not to crush just because it seems so "off" to me and steering her toward strengths I wouldn't have thought about because they are not anything I would necessarily have thought to encourage. I love Myers-Briggs. :)

    ReplyDelete