Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Overwhelmed with Thanksgiving

Two posts in one day?! Whaaaat?! ☺

I am overwhelmed with thanksgiving. Do you ever experience that feeling?

To be perfectly honest, I've had some rough weeks. And, this week got rougher.

A friend, who's like a sister, had to experience a call no parent should have to experience. That dreaded call of your child in an accident. That dreaded vehicle accident. You see, her daughter lives three hours away. That seems like thousands of miles away when your child is in the ER and goes into a serious surgery before the parents can get there.

We are celebrating life this week. Her daughter cannot move her legs, but she has feeling in both. For that, we hold on to hope.

Please join me in prayer as she recovers. Also, if you wouldn't mind, pray for traveling safety.

On top of the accident, things just seemed to go downhill in other areas of life. And when I felt sad and blue, I thought about my friend and her family. My hurt feelings and insecurities as a result were small and insignificant when matters of life and death were in my friend's life. Perspective. Perspective.

Last week a family in our community had a child pass away from a farming accident. It was less than a week later when my friend's daughter had her accident. Both the same age. My friend knew the family and couldn't stop thinking about the family after his death. And, when my friend sent me a text telling me about her daughter's accident, I feel the same way. I haven't been able to stop thinking about them. That is community. That is loving the way God intended.

I'm also thankful for unexpected blessings. As I was taking food to my friend's family, someone stopped by our house. (Hubs was home) This person freely gave us a gallon of cider. Now, it may seem like a small gesture to you. But not to me. You see, this person has no idea what is happening in our lives. This person, I believe, was obedient to God as our name popped in his head as he was driving by our house. I don't believe this person really knows God used him as a vessel of love and kindness. But, when I see this person, I'll tell him.

I'm thankful for all the people praying for this family. And, who will continue to lift them up in prayer to the feet of Jesus.

No one knows what the future will hold. Squeeze you loved ones a bit tighter and longer tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment