Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Grounds In My Coffee

There are grounds in my coffee. I have no idea how those pesky little specks of ground coffee bean magically appeared in my coffee this morning.

The grounds looked like they were having a fine-ole time swimming around as I stirred my just-added-flavored-creamer-coffee. So began the processes of fishing. Fishing out those specks. 

As I 'fished', I began to think how something so little could almost ruin a full mug of morning deliciousness. It's like the little foxes. No, not that fox...I really don't care what the fox says.

We had a guest pastor at our church years ago who spoke on marriage. He used Song of Solomon 2:15: 
Catch for us the foxes,
    the little foxes
that ruin the vineyards,
    our vineyards that are in bloom.
A fox is a small animal. Yet, even small animals can ruin a garden. 

Little things in life can fester building into a huge mess if we don't take care of it. Something annoying your spouse, children, friend or co-worker does can build and build until it becomes a giant issue. Relationships can be damaged. 

It is so easy to ignore a problem. I know from experience. I let little things grow until it is an uncontrollable problem. Then, I tend to blow a gasket and everyone around me suffers. It's embarrassing really. 

If I would have ignored the coffee grounds in my coffee I would have swallowed the grounds. It probably would have gone down on the bitter side. Ick! What makes me think the little problems that I stuff down and try to ignore aren't going to end up being bitter...scratch that....make ME bitter?

So, question of the day.... How do you handle it when "little grounds get in your coffee"? 




No comments:

Post a Comment