Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Oh, the things we learn

Learning is a life-long process. Now, whether we retain that information as we get older...well, that is up for debate.

The last few days have been slightly stressful...well, more so than the usual stress. However, in the stress, I still learned a thing or two.
  • I learned it is wise to flush and jump back at a certain facility else one will get a little wet from the over aggressive flushing action. However, I do appreciate the toilet's enthusiasm to get the job done.
  • I learned I am easily annoyed when multiple persons ask the same question over and over and over and... Certain medical facility personnel seem to enjoy the game of 'let's ask the same questions and see if he/she gives us the same answer. Then, just for the fun of it, let's not communicate any of the answers to anyone else so someone else can ask said questions again'. It's such a fun and entertaining game.
  • Even in stressful situations, it's okay to laugh until you cry. Like the saying goes, if you don't laugh, you'll cry. Obviously we did both....laughing until we cried. 
  • Just because a person is confident in a question or command does not mean he/she really knows what he/she is talking about. Let's get that little lie out of our heads, shall we?
  • Who says birds will get out of your way? Some of you know my love of birds (she said dripping with sarcasm). While in a box-store parking lot, after doing my good deed of placing the cart in the cart corral, I was walking to our van. The bird's flight path was directly in front of me...heading toward me. I replayed every one's words of 'the bird will get out of your way' lie and chanted that lie as I to continued to our van. Apparently the "tower" did not inform the bird to bear a hard right. I am not exaggerating when I say this blind or deaf bird was five feet away until I finally ducked (and almost rolled but that would have been embarrassing). Then, and only then, the terrorist bird finally rolled right. Oh.my.word. Moral of the story: birds are evil.
What have you learned the last few days? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment