Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pass the Syrup


In celebration of National Pancake Week, here is the pancake recipe I promised. [this week is almost as exciting as National Ice Cream Month!]

Pancakes
We are a family of five so I usually double the recipe and will have a few left over.

About ready to flip.
1 ¼ c flour                                             1 heaping tsp baking powder
1 egg                                                     1 tsp baking soda
1 c buttermilk**                                     ¼ c oil
¼ c sugar                                              

With a mixer or fork, combine all ingredients until smooth. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Add a bit of oil to the pan and pour a small circle of batter into hot pan (batter will be runny). When edges appear to harden and bubbles stop appearing, flip the pancakes. Finish cooking. Yield 8-10 pancakes (depending on how big or small you make them).

**I usually do not have buttermilk on hand. I either just use milk or I had a tsp of vinegar to the measuring cup and then fill it up with milk.

Top with your favorite syrup, butter, and/or peanut butter. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! These look delicious. I've always liked pancakes better than waffles (what's with that grid?). My favorite thing to top pancakes with is strawberries and a little bit of maple syrup. Yummy! Now that I know, I'm going to have to go celebrate National Pancake Week. ;)

    ReplyDelete