Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fear & Faith

I recently heard a quote from Stevie Wonder. Yes, that Stevie Wonder. When asked if he ever feared he had to be perfect, he said when he was young he prayed and read the Bible all the time. When he was ready to leave home, at an early age to start his singing career, he got scared and didn't want to leave his mom...the safety of home. He said, "I had to tell myself that my faith is bigger than my fear."
...my faith is bigger than my fear
 My faith is bigger than my fear. I know it is a simple concept yet it is huge. How many times have I let my fear rule? Fear is not of God yet I let it become a god as I don't do or try something because I don't want to....wait for it....fail. There. I said it. Fail.

Society demands perfection. In our jobs, in our body image, and even in church. Yet, are we God? God is the only one who is perfect. We are not God no matter how hard we try to be Him. Who are we kidding?

Am I saying to give up trying to do a good job? No way. But how much is my fear of failure not letting me live out the life God has intended?

My faith is bigger than my fear. Words to live by.

How about you? What is holding you back?

1 comment: