Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Confessions of a Wanna-Be-Good Housekeeper

I try, people, I really do. But today, well, it is true confession time.

You know you are a lacking housekeeper when you......
  • find a letter inside an enveloped postmarked over three months ago. Yes, it was opened and read at the time but then it entered the world known as dining room table clutter.
  • can't remember the last time you actually vacuumed the house. Oh, I've used the spot cleaning little vac but I mean actually a real sweeping.
  • had to have your son clean the bathtub because if you had to use the required amount of strength to scrub all the soap scrub, you'd end up in the hospital from over exertion and every muscle pulled in your back.
  • realize you don't have a "home" for everything.
  • keep hearing your bed calling you to come for a visit and you are seriously contemplating answering your bed.
  • are overwhelmed so you go on facebook when you should be cleaning.
  • are overwhelmed so you distract yourself by creating a post about how you wanna be a good housekeeper.
  • go on your blog and write a post instead of cleaning.
Well, I'm off to set a timer for 5 minutes and see how much I can get done. Not that I'm expecting that to work. I'm SURE my self-diagnosed, unmediated ADD will kick in and I'll get distracted again and won't complete one thing before moving on to another. Story of my life. Sigh.

Confession is supposedly good for the soul. "You know you are a lacking housekeeper when....." Share your list in the comments. Come on, people, I need to hear I'm not the only one out there lacking in this department!

No comments:

Post a Comment