Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Me? Cook?

When the kiddos were little, I loved to bake. And I could hold my own with cooking a meal.

Now that the kiddos are older and other factors such as a part-time job have come into play, thinking about what to have for supper makes me want to bury my head in the sand and never pop back up to see the light of day. I'm not exaggerating here, people. Sigh. What was once enjoyable is now a chore.

Add in baseball games and practices that happen over suppertime and a daughter who works 2 evenings a week.  It is a "grab and growl" kind-of-night almost every night. Frankly, I'm not sure I remember how to cook! And baking? O.v.e.r.w.h.e.l.m.e.d.

Last week, however, I did give making supper a try. I wasn't sure I would remember how, but I gave it a try!

Here is what I made...


Pizza. Cheese Pizza with homemade pizza crust for the boys (hubs included on this one!)


Pesto Mini Pizzas (a Pampered Chef recipe from years ago)

BBQ Chicken Mini Pizzas (I saw someone make this once so I tried to duplicate...yummy!)

If anything sounds good, let me know in the comments and I'll email you the recipe(s).

Happy cooking/baking!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, they all look yummy! The recipes would be great... but a phone call when you bake again would be even better!
    You want to be a good neighbor, don't you?

    ReplyDelete