Or is it?! [cue music: dun, dun, dun, duuunnnnnn.]
I was reminded by the media, again, that someone has predicted the end times.
Earthquakes, famine, war, rumors of war, hurricanes, mass destruction. Is not this a most pleasant thought. Apparently tomorrow, May 21, is the end of the world as we know it. Apocalypse.
Do I believe it. Nope. Not even the Son of Man knows the day or time. So how can a mere mortal know what God's Son doesn't even know.
But, that doesn't mean I don't think about the Second Coming. Am I ready? To be in Glory with God and his Angels. A place of no more tears. Oh, I am ready for that. But am I really ready? Only Jesus and I can answer that one. I really want to be ready. But there are some things I need to work on. Mainly my relationship with Him. Admittedly, there are days I don't talk with Him. There are days I don't listen. Yup, gotta work on that. [hangs head in shame and embarrassment.]
But, on a lighter note, [sorry, couldn't think of a creative transition...obviously I need to work on that too!], if you knew the world was ending, oh, let's say tomorrow, what would you do? Who would you want to talk to? What wouldn't you want to do?
Here is my slightly wacky list [and I apologize in advance for my lack of creativity...I got this idea from Jenny B Jones' blog post from the other day and her list is much more creative than mine.]
If the world ended tomorrow I would:
1) not mow the lawn, vacuum the house or get groceries today. Sad but so, so true. Groceries, have we ever talked about what a big waste of time that entire process seems? If the world doesn't end tomorrow, I'll post about that big time-waster! [I can see you all sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for that wonderful post! You're probably secretly hoping the world does end tomorrow!]
2) make sure everyone I know and love knew I love them. I love you my people.
3) not waste time on facebook or thinking about a blog post.
4) enjoy the moments.
5) clean out and let go of things I'm hanging on to in my 'emotional' closet.
6) not clean out my house closets! Definitely not.
7) remember to write out a list of questions I have for God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the all the Disciples. Trust me, it will be a long list. I have lots of questions.
8) wonder if the streets in Heaven are really gold. Will God make me take off my shoes so it doesn't get dirty? Will I have shoes?
9) wonder if the Northern Lights are really that great. I've only seen them once but wasn't impressed as we are so far away from where I hear they are spectacular.
10) wonder if when Jesus comes for me, if He really looks like those pictures from Sunday School.
And last but certainly not least....so, I get a new body in Heaven, can I request what I look like? I would really like to be hot and skinny and hot and did I say skinny?! ☺ And, my mansion in the sky, do I have to clean it? Because I would like to request a small one if I have to clean it...big one if I don't, please. ☺ [and since God has a terrific sense of humor, I'm sure I'll get a large mansion and will need to clean every day.]
What does your list look like?