Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

What. A. Week.

Phew. I made it through last week! Yay!

It certainly didn't start off "bad" but ended under a certain amount of stress.

Did you know if your teeth hurt for a few days you should probably go to your dentist? Yes, I did know this but I had a case of denial going on so why not go with the flow and just deny, deny, deny. Well, one almost sleepless night is what you'll get yourself. Yup. It.was.great. Not.

Call dentist first thing in the morning. Infected tooth. Fun. Antibiotic and pain killers...I'm in love. Have said tooth ripped yanked torn out extracted next week by oral surgeon~yup, that bad. Ugh.

Have son over toilet with the stomach flu that same morning. Joy.

Husband picking up 11 mo old puppy that SAME night. How exciting. (can you hear the sarcasm?)

All in all, even though the timing could not have been worse, it wasn't THAT bad. I'm still recovering from the infection but at least it was the weekend and I could take naps in between the dog/puppy training. He is a really cute dog/puppy. See....?


Although, I'm wondering if his tongue is too big for his mouth. But that is another story for another time.
And, since reading One Thousand Gifts, I have practiced trying to see the thankfulness for each situation. I have to admit, it is pretty hard when one is overwhelmed and nothing seems to be going "right". But here is what I decided:

  • I am thankful for teeth to chew, to smile with....and even though they hurt, I still have teeth.
  • I am thankful for my son...even though he was sick, I still have him.
  • I am thankful for the dog...even though not the world's greatest timing, he was a really great deal.
  • And even though there is a lot of work involved with the said pup, he makes our children happy.
Things can always be worse than our worse days, weeks, months or years. I didn't loose a loved one. I don't have cancer. I have children who love God and aren't rebelling against Him. Perspective is a gift we can all use.

No comments:

Post a Comment