Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

O, Perfect Day...continued.

.....read part one here.
"It is something I have to do. I have to prove to my...."
Perfect. Just perfect. Can this day get any better?

 
At that perfect moment, a two year old decided to plow full force into Anna's uncontrollable shaking leg with sticky, pudgy hands holding, what else, an ice cream cone. A half melted, half licked, half soggy ice cream cone. Ick!

"Oh, I am so sorry. Andrew. No!" the frazzled, multi-tasking mother said to both Anna and her child. "You don't run away from mommy like that. I am so sorry, Miss. Can I help clean you up?"

Horrified at the thought of sticky-hand's mother touching her, "No, no. I'm sure he didn't mean it. I'll be fine. Yes, fine." as Anna ran her hand through her hair again. Okay, Lord. Out with it. What did I do to get a day like this? Go to my happy place,  go to my happy place....

A hand gripped Anna's elbow and pulled her to standing and dragged her along the midway. "Let's get out of here." He said low into her ear.

Strolling on the midway, Anna had an epiphany. "Sir! I don't even know you. You could be an ax murderer or...or...worse!" With that, Anna stopped. And with that, Noah caught her as those behind her on the midway knocked her over because of her failure to signal such a rapid stop.

Noah laughed. Not the kind, quiet, polite laugh. But the loud, "I can't stop" laugh. And he didn't stop even as he pulled her off the midway and found a nice grassy area. Noah grip let go of Anna's arm and doubled over in laughter. Anna was sure she wanted to smack him...and not the kind, polite smack. The smack-you-to-the-moon smack!

Furious, Anna decided she needed to get away from this man before something terrible happened....like smacking him to the moon! Gathering as much dignity as possible when someone manages receive the worst-first-impression-of-all-time award, Anna fled as quickly and quietly as possible. He wants to laugh at me? Well, fine! Let him laugh and see how silly he feels when he finds me missing!

Anna barely stomped ten steps when her Knight appeared at her side wiping the tears rolling down his face.

"Anna. Sorry, but..." There he went again...laughing.

Glaring at him with what she hoped was a look he'd have burned into his brain forever, she yelled, "Stop laughing. You, sir, are no Knight!" Anna darted toward the midway where she prayed to get lost in the crowd.

Noah quickly caught up to her before her plan to blend into the crowd came to fruition. "Look, Anna. I am truly sorry. Please accept my sincerest apologies, Fair Maiden." he said with a smile that could stop a missile. A smile that made the corner of his eyes crinkle in the most handsome way. A smile that made her stomach flip-flop then flop-flip.

Anna! Get a hold of yourself. Stop acting like a love sick puppy! Anna mentally slapped herself to the moon.

"Let's go back to that grassy spot where I made a complete, utter fool of myself. Please, Anna. You'll have to trust me when I tell you I am not an ax murderer." Noah pleaded with all the boyish charm within him.

Anna decided she lost all sense of self-respect and wisdom when it came to the man as she followed him to the grassy spot.

Lord, he better not be an ax murderer. And if he is...well, I guess I'll see You in the near future!

To be continued.....maybe....☺

No comments:

Post a Comment