Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's Okay

It's okay. Sometimes that is all a person needs to hear.

It's okay to cry.

It's okay to get angry.

It's okay to scream that life isn't fair.

It's okay not to feel cheerful every single minute of the day.

And it's okay to be thankful for those bad times that come your way.

What?! Thankful for the bad times?

Yup, you heard me right. We, as humans, really need to acknowledge the awful times. We really do.

However, we humans need to practice looking past the terrible times to see what blessings we have to be thankful for.

When you have that sort of perspective, you really can get through the really terrible times.



I felt the need to write this on the eve of Thanksgiving. I know there are people who are really going through a tough time. Those out there who might not feel like celebrating tomorrow. Those who feel like they are suppose to just put on a happy face and fake it. Or those like me who are just plain cranky tonight and are wondering what in the world I can be thankful for when I'm just in one terrible mood. (my poor, poor family!) I just want you to know it is okay. BUT, I have to put things into perspective and realize how blessed I really am. I really blessed and have a lot to be thankful for. I'm okay. I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment