Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Dear Children

This weekend was movie time. We decided upon the Hannah Montana movie. I won't review it. You are welcome.

There is a song in the movie I found extremely touching. Maybe it is because of the ages of my children. Maybe it is the realization they will "fly away" at a point in the not too distant future. Or maybe I'm just a sap...it is a God-given talent, I tell you.

The song, Butterfly Fly Away, has been haunting me since movie night. It really got me thinking. When is the last time I wrote a love letter to each of our children? I wrote a letter to Writer Daughter (aka cos daughter) for her graduation from high school this past spring. But the other two children? Can't remember when I expressed our love through a letter.

When our oldest, Writer Daughter, was a baby, I use to write her a letter. It wasn't poetic. Just words telling her what she was physically doing at the time and cute things she did or said when she could talk. Then, our second daughter was born and time just got away from me.

I think it is time I started writing love letters to my children again.

What about you? And if writing is not your thing, then tell them in a way that is most meaningful to you.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! My mom wrote me letters when I was a baby. I still have a journal full of her letters. It's a sweet blessing to me many years later. :)

    ReplyDelete