Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanks



Is it just me or is Christmas overtaking Thanksgiving? I’m not opposed to celebrating Christmas. In fact, I love it but I don’t want to forget about Thanksgiving. So….drum roll please…..in honor of giving thanks, here is my list short list of things I am thankful for….
  • An understand and loving God
  • Grace and Mercy
  • Forgiveness
  • My husband
  • Soft hum of a child
  • Our children who have all accepted Christ
  • Seeing glimpses of God working in lives of family and friends
  • Soft snores and loud snores from said husband
  • Memories that will live on
  • My 82 year old dad
  • Years I had with my mom who is now with the Lord 
  • Grandpas (both Grandmas are with the Lord)
  • Extended family
  • Supportive friends who love me despite myself…they have to put up with a lot. I really, really appreciate them!!
  • Jobs in this time of such turmoil
  • My dishwasher! Yes, materialistic but so true!!
My list could go on and on but you get the point. Trust me, there are days I am not feeling very thankful. I get down right whinny...just ask my supportive friends. But I just discovered (I'm a slow learner) making a list whether on paper or in your mind really helps.

"Hallelujah! I give thanks to God with everything I've got..." Psalm 111:1 (a)

 What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!!

    It's all the little blessings that make God such a great and mighty God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! I'm thankful for both of you, also!!

    ReplyDelete