Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

You Are Beautiful

I had an appointment with Cos Daughter (aka Writer Daughter) Saturday. Yes! She is able to cut my hair, color and all kinds of fun stuff!!

Since she is still in cosmetology school, they each have a station in which to work. Each station has a mirror and the teacher writes the students name on the mirror claiming that to be the student's spot.

When I sat down at my daughter's station, I noticed another thing written on the mirror in her own handwriting.

"You are beautiful"

The words were like salve to my heart. I don't think I'm beautiful on the outside and to be honest, pretty ugly on the inside at times. (I'm trying to work on that and at times, well, I fail. But, that is where grace comes in.) But, just having that reminder as I sat down made me feel...well, beautiful.

I want you to know. You are beautiful! (pass it on!)

"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at.
Man looks at the outward appearance,
but the Lord looks at the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,
that we should be called children of God!"
1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment