Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Time

It's May, People. May. Where in the world has the time gone? Seriously. Where?!

And, since time is flying faster than a jet-fighter plane  on a mission, I haven't posted in a very long time. I know you've been just holding your breath and checking my blog every single day--even multiple times a day just to make sure I was alive. **wakes up and realizes other people have lives**

What have I been doing, you ask. Thanks for asking. April brought on a lot of birthday ice cream cakes...hubs, my dad and then our son's just to name a few. I may or may not have packed away a few pounds from all that "celebrating". April filled up with me driving my dad to doctor appointments because when you're eighty-seven everybody (docs) want to see you.

And, our Dancer Daughter found out she was accepting into a missionary program as staff (voluntary). You'll notice a "donate" button on the right side of the page if you are inclined to donating. No pressure. Really.

She'll be gone for two years. We don't have her schedule, yet, but the only time I believe she'll be coming home is for Christmas and two or three weeks in the summer. Will I miss her, oh my word, you have no idea. But, can't fight God. Click over to her blog to read her story on how this all came about. Prayers are always welcome!

Recently, we watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. There was a quote that was shown quite often. But the last part of the quote really struck me:

...draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of Life.  
We so often think life is about us. It's not. It's about God. Serving God. And in serving God, we'll automatically serve others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment