Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

At the End of the Day


"At the end of the day, what matters is
when you've looked up at God and can say,
"I followed your voice." Your identity is in Him,
not in the notions of others."
~ a beloved friend


How many times have I looked to others for approval? How many times have I missed a God-directed-moment because of a negative comment someone said in the past which still holds me down and haunts me today? How many times have I berated myself because I am not as "good" as so 'n so? Why can't I get past the rejection and hurt? When will I get past the insecurities?

Sometimes, words are like atomic bombs. They have the power to knock us down and destroy for years. How many times have I said something I should not have said to a person. How were my words like atomic bombs in someones life? What about the co-worker who really only needs to say one thing "wrong" and I am grumpy to her the entire day? I'm not showing Christ in my grumpiness. It is easy to love the lovable. But we aren't called to love just the lovable. (sigh.) 

I'm glad God is a God of second, third....twentieth.... chances, aren't you? I want to say at the end of the day, "I followed Your voice" and not have regrets. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment